Facing intermittent wireless connection in Netgear Wi-Fi Extender is not a great thing, however, it is quite common to experience connection related issues. In case, you experience connection issues while using the internet, then you should go through below-mentioned steps to fix ‘intermittent wireless connection’ in Netgear Wi-Fi Extender.
Steps to fix ‘intermittent wireless connection’ in Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Start with checking the Wi-Fi Extender, whether it is connected to the power source in the right way or not. The Extender should be connected to an efficient power adapter, which is further connected to a reliable power source.
- After that, you will have to make sure that the Wi-Fi Extender is placed in proximity to the router. After that, you need to check if the client device is connected to the Wi-Fi Extender’s network.
- Now, you will have to open the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender GUI, which you can do by launching mywifiext.net.
- If prompted for email and password, then you will have to enter both the details. The email ID and password will be the same as that you have entered when you’ve set up Netgear Extender account. In case, you see ‘username’ and ‘password’ options instead of ‘email ID’ and ‘password’, then you will have to enter ‘admin’ in the ‘Username’ column and ‘password’ in the ‘Password’ column. If you are still not able to log into the account, then the details may have been changed by you in the past.
- Check if Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender is equipped with the latest firmware. If it doesn’t have the latest firmware, then you will have to update the firmware.
- In case, a new firmware is available, then you will be informed by the system regarding the same. The alert will appear on top of the Netgear Extender GUI. Click on the alert to update the firmware.
- If that doesn’t happen, click ‘Device Update’ page followed by clicking ‘Check’ to see if a new firmware update is available. If the update is available, then proceed with getting that update.
- After concluding the firmware update, you need to reset Netgear Extender by inserting a sharp device into the reset hole for 30 seconds. After the Netgear Extender is reset, wait for the extender to boot up properly. The power light is going to either turn solid green or white if the bootup process is successful.
- You will have to connect your Wi-Fi enabled device(s) through wired or wireless network of the Netgear Extender.
- You will have to reconfigure the Netgear Extender by consulting Netgear Range Extender experts.
In case, the problem of ‘intermittent wireless connection’ still exists, then you should consult experts to fix the problem once and for all.