Are you facing any problem in using your range extender or don’t want to configure the Netgear range extender Ex3700 from starting? If yes, then there is an option available for you with the help of which you can fetch the existing data and details of range extender and copy the same to it. The process is called restoring or backup. The backup will create a backup file in the range extender with the help of the network.
By making use of ‘Backup option’ you can get all the files on the Range extender which were stored in settings of Ex3700. The backup file contains all the information related to configuration, Wi-Fi settings, Password, and Schedules. If you want, you can take backup of data over the email and save it elsewhere on the computer. After taking a backup, there is no need to configure the extender on the network again. The existing settings will be fetched automatically. When you reset the extender, all the settings stored in the extender will be deleted and need to be configured again.
How to save settings?
The steps to save settings are given here as under:
- Launch a web browser on a computer or on the internet and type mywifiext.net in the address bar. You need to open Netgear Genie.
- When asked to enter the username or password, enter an email address and password you have entered earlier during the setup The configuration steps are same.
- From the left-hand side of range extender page, open ‘Settings’ then go to ‘Other’ settings. From here, you need to go to ‘Alternate’ settings.
- Here you will find the ‘Backup’ option. Click on this button and save the data files at any location as per your convenience.
How to restore the data to the extender settings?
To restore the files, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open ‘Backup file’ stored in the local location of your computer or laptop. Go to the ‘Settings’ page and click ‘Restore’.
- Don’t forget to select the complete file. If you miss any file or folder, then the performance of your Extender may get affected.
- Click ‘Restore’ finally. This will start the restoration process.
- If you are prompted for this action, Click ‘yes’.
- The files will start uploading and may take some minutes.
- Reboot the system and check if the system is properly restored or not. Try connecting the nearby devices to the extender. If everything is properly working, then it means the restoration process is successfully completed.