Do you own any model number of Netgear range extender and want to configure it on Xbox 360 game console? If yes, then your search is over, the process of linking the Xbox 360 console to the Netgear range extender is very easy to understand. Once the connection gets established, you can easily stream content from it through Xbox live.
The steps to link the Netgear Range extender with the Xbox 360 device are discussed here as follows.
- Connect the Network adapter to the Networking device. The adapter is available on the console that helps in connecting the device to the Ethernet port. The purpose of the Xbox 360 device is to connect all the gaming adapters to the Ethernet port itself.
- Turn the device on and over to ‘Wireless’ settings from the remote. From here, you need to move to the ‘Network’ option. The wireless network settings are available under the ‘Advanced’ menu. Go to ‘Edit’.
- Select one SSID that matches with the extender one. The SSID of the Netgear range extender will otherwise be displayed on the screen of a gaming console. Click on the ‘Specify unlisted network’ option. Enter the SSID.
- Now, you are required to select the ‘Network type’. This mode is useful for wireless routers.
- Tap to select the ‘Security’ type. It must match with the range extender.
- If you are selecting WPA on your Router, then it must be available on the Xbox 360 console. If in case, this security type is not supported by Xbox, then you need to switch to WEP. For your information, we want to tell you that a normal Xbox support WPA whereas a standard Xbox wireless adapter supports only WEP.
- Don’t forget to save the settings in the last. Click to Test the network after this. Check if everything is working fine or not. You will find the connection status live on the screen. If there is some problem, then you need to diagnose it first, then troubleshoot it.
Note: 192.168.l.254 IP How to login modem admin panel?
Some suggestions for configuring Xbox 360
Even after proper connections, problems may exist. In such cases, you don’t need to worry or disappoint. Just check the internet connection first, if there is some problem, then call your internet service provider. If the connection is ok but the problem still exists, then it means the problem lies within the Xbox gaming console. You need to get it checked by the technical experts. Another important thing to tell here is that check the firewall settings of the router. If there is any problem with the firewall settings, then your router and the internet may be at risk.