A wireless network is only as good as its range. If you need to put your computer right next to the router, you may just as well not have a wireless connection at all. However, using Hi-Gain HWREN1 Wireless- 300N Range Hawking Extender, you can increase the distance at which you can get online. Setting up the Hawking Wireless Range Extender is a simple procedure for anyone who is familiar with wireless networks. You will just require an Ethernet cable to perform this process, and I hope you must be having an Ethernet cable with you.
Now, let’s delve into the details of how to install Hawking Hi-Gain HWREN1 Wireless- 300N Range Extender
- Connect the power adapter to the HWREN1 Wireless Range Extender. Plug the adapter into an electrical outlet.
- Connect the provided Ethernet cable to the back of the HWREN1. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the back of your wireless router.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the PC. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the wireless router.
- Insert the supplied installation disc into the PC. The installer will launch automatically. Click on “Setup Wizard”.
- Click on the “Search” button. Highlight the HWREN1 on the list. Click on “Next”.
- Enter a name for the HWREN1. Click on “Next”.
- Wait for the installation wizard to assign an IP address. Click on “Next”.
- Put wireless connection on the list. Click on “Next”. Set your security settings for the HWREN1 Wireless Range Extender. These settings should be the same as your wireless router security settings. Click on “Next”.
- Review the settings on the next screen. Click on “Set”. You can now unplug the Ethernet cable connecting the wireless router to the computer.
That is how you can setup Hawking Hi-Gain HWREN1 Wireless- 300N Range Extender, which may not be as popular as Netgear Extender, but is still a very competent and reliable product. Many people are using Hawking extenders, and they seem to be perfectly content with the functioning of it. If you too are using it but have changed the position recently, and now looking to set it up again, then you can follow the steps provided in the above paragraphs. I’m sure the first time installation was done by the technician, so you won’t probably remember it. Therefore, it is better to follow the steps and perform the setup process in the right way.