Some people are getting the problem in using their Netgear range extender with Roku TV box. They are not being able to access the network through the extender. Though the issues can be easily resolved it needs proper attention. If you have a similar issue on your Roku TV box, then you can follow the below mentioned steps to fix this problem.
- Check the SSID of the network. If you are entering the SSID of your range extender manually, then check the spellings properly before entering into the device. You can cross-check the spellings of SSID from other devices already connected to the network.
- The password is case sensitive and you must specify properly. If you are entering the password with a virtual keyboard, then type spellings carefully. A wrong password may lead to a problem in connecting the network to the Roku TV box.
- There might be some problem with the router. If the router is not working or you find a problem with the servers, then Roku TV will not connect to the network. Try after replacing the router with the new Netgear extender. If you find that the network strength is now available on Roku, then it means there is a problem with the router.
- Yes, if you are able to connect to devices other than Roku TV box with the same extender, then you need to check the built-in adapter of Roku TV box. Sometimes, it can be faulty or the distance between the Roku and the extender may be more than the defined one. Place both the devices near to each other and check if the signal is being receipted or not. Keep extender away from natural obstructions like a wall, furniture and other objects like Almira. After removing the obstructions from in-between, check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Restart all the devices like Netgear range extender, modem, and Roku TV box. The steps to restart the Roku TV box are:
- Open ‘Settings’ and go to ‘System’.
- Go to ‘Restart’.
- Disconnect the device from the power socket and wait for 20 seconds. Plug the device back to the power supply and check if all the devices are turned on or not. Wait till the device gets booted.
Common error codes along with the solution
- Error code 14: This error code relates to a problem with the Roku and the extender.
- Error code 009: This error code means your Roku TV box is connected to the extender but is not getting proper signal from the internet.
- Error code 17: If the signal strength is limited or no signal is being received on Roku TV box, then Error code 17 will appear. You can fix this problem by decreasing the distance between extender and Roku.