Those who are using Netgear Wi-Fi extender know what www.mywifiext.net website is. If you too are using Netgear Wi-Fi extender, but don’t know what this website is used for, then it is a website, but not like the ones that you use on a daily basis, which is more or less is a local web address that you can use to open the settings of Netgear Wi-Fi range extender. In order to access this website, your PC must be connected to the Ethernet or wirelessly to the extender.
If you are unable to go to this particular website, then there is a possibility that you are not connected to the internet. Check if you are getting the following messages on your web browser.
- Safari: ‘Can’t Find Server’.
- Mozilla Firefox: ‘Server not found. Firefox can’t find the server at mywifiext.net’.
- Google Chrome: ‘Unable to connect to the internet’. Google Chrome can’t display the webpage because the PC isn’t connected to the internet.
- Internet Explorer & MS Edge: ‘Page can’t be displayed’ or ‘You are not connected to a network’.
In order to fix this problem, try following below-mentioned steps:
- Keep the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender in the same room as the router. You can move the extender to its original position once the setup process is complete.
- Plug the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender into the wall power outlet. If the power LED light glows, then that means the extender is ON.
- If Netgear extender has a computer to extender LED or device to extender LED, then check if that is lit or not.
- If it is not lit, then check that unplug both ends of Ethernet cable that connects Netgear Wi-Fi extender to the device followed by plugging it back again.
- Now, you need to enter ‘192.168.1.250’ in the address bar of the web browser.
- If you are still not able to access Netgear Wi-Fi extender, reset the browser and try again.
- You can also try a different browser to confirm that the issue is not related to a specific web browser.
- Connect your computer to the Netgear Wi-Fi extender via Ethernet cable.
- You need to assign your PC a static IP address, but before you change network settings, keep in mind to change the current default gateway if using Windows or Router address. You can use this IP address: 192.168.1.249 along with this subnet mask: 255.255.255.0.
If you are still not able to access www.mywifiext.net, then you will have to take help of Netgear Range Extender setup and support providers, as they will be able to provide the best assistance to you regarding this or any other issue.