While trying to connect the apple router to the Netgear range extender, if you are facing problem in connecting it, then you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- When you connect the extender to the apple router, then use Ethernet cable only for maintaining the connection. You have to connect one end of the cable to the extender and another to the computer. If you are going to connect to it wirelessly, then disconnect all other devices from the router.
- In case the only wireless network is supported by your computer, you can open the network sharing menu and check the list of networks. The list of SSID’s of your router will be displayed on the screen. If you are using the Netgear, then go to the Netgear extender setup page and check on-screen instructions. If prompted to enter the password, check it from the sticker pasted on the back of your router.
- After the connection gets established, launch browser PC and enter the URL of your Netgear extender in it.
Note: In case, you find any problem in login, the best and the easiest way to get rid of this problem is by clearing the cache and data related to the same IP address if entered earlier. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
- If you are able to login successfully, then you will find a new window opened on the screen where you will be asked to enter the login details Viz: Username and password. The default login details are given on the guided manual as well as on the hardware itself.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and follow the same in the next section.
- Open the ‘Web management’ page and click ‘Next’ from the middle of the page.
- Select the location.
- Select ‘Wireless’ from the list of available networks.
Important: If the SSID of your range extender is not given in the list, then it is quite sure that the same is hidden or disabled. Unhide the SSID from the extender settings or enter manually.
- Enter the password for your wireless extender network.
- From the same page, copy the AP of your extender and paste it on a location, ‘Use the same name for broadcasting over the network’. If the settings are changed from automatic to manual, then change the preferences accordingly.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- Check settings before submitting them online.
- Tap ‘Finish’ to end the process.
After the process gets concluded, the wireless extender will restart on its own to apply the changes. You will have to wait for 2 minutes to complete the process.
Now, the RE lights and Wi-Fi signal light will start blinking for a while before getting stable. You will now find the range extender and the router connected to the same internet.