Netgear Wi-Fi extender has taken the world by storm. A highly efficient unit, which can cover your entire house with strong internet signals, the Netgear Wi-Fi extender is the most happening thing in the world of the internet in the past decade or so. Just how capable the hardware is, the company has made sure that the software part is equally good, which is why the official Netgear Wi-Fi website, i.e., mywifiext.net has been developed to allow users to configure their Netgear Extenders in a proper manner.
If you too are using this incredible device and want to configure it, but couldn’t do it because the official website is not opening, then there must be something wrong with the device or the website you are trying to open. However, you are not alone, as many people just like you are facing the same problem, i.e., they are not able to access mywifiext.net from their Wi-Fi extenders. They have followed the right steps in the proper order, which goes something like this:
- Turn on the device.
- Connect your computer to the device with a cat5 cable.
- Go to http://www.mywifiext.net in your browser and follow the instructions on the screen.
Now, as they follow the instructions, they see ‘Page Not Found’ or ‘Connection Time Out’ messages on the screen. They have no idea as to why these messages came in the first place, let alone solving it.
If you want to solve this problem, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
Netgear Wi-Fi Extenders are complex devices, so installing and configuring these devices at times may be a bit tricky job. Therefore, if you think you can’t set up and configure the extender yourself, then it is better to take the help of experts who know exactly about the process.
First, you need to ensure that your PC is connected to Netgear Router properly, which means, through a Cat5 cable and you are also able to see cat-5 indicator flashing. Once you have confirmed this, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Restart your computer and Netgear Wireless Extender.
- Use the paper clip to restore the factory settings for 15 seconds until you see the orange flashing icon.
- Now, you need to enter the default IP address, which is 192.168.1.250.
- Restart your browser and try another browser.
- If mywifiext.net is not working, then try opening mywifiext.com, as sometimes the latter works.
- Make sure your computer doesn’t have any alternative paths to connect to the web.
- Leave the device powered on for a couple of minutes and then try to restart your computer.
If you are able to access the website after following the aforementioned steps, then that is great. If not, then you can consult Netgear Wi-Fi Extender’s help and support provides. If they are also not able to help you out, then you will have to return the product to the shop from which you have purchased it, as you must have got a bad piece. Get a new one and try the same steps again, and hopefully, you will be able to access the website successfully.