Netgear has a wide range of Wi-Fi range extenders, with each one offering a different set of features to the users. If you are looking to buy a Wi-Fi range extender just because you have got a few dead zones in your house where Wi-Fi range is not present, then you must go for a Wi-Fi range extender as it will fix the problem of experiencing dead zones in the house.
Now, you are aware that Netgear has different models in Wi-Fi extenders, so that may give rise to confusion, as you don’t know which extender to go for. They all look great and they all are packed with features, so it is going to be a difficult task identifying the right extender. Therefore, the safe choice for you would be to go with the model, which is immensely popular with the customers, i.e., Netgear Range Extender EX6100.
If you are planning to buy a Wi-Fi range extender and that too from Netgear, then EX6100 is the right choice. After buying the extender, you will feel the requirement to change the wireless settings of the device, which is not a simple process, let me be very honest to you.
It involves a few steps, which you need to follow in the same order in which they are given. At the end of those steps, you will be able to change to the new wireless settings, which will make it easy for you to access the internet in the dead zones of the house.
Here is how you can change the wireless settings:
- The first thing that you need to keep in mind that the smartphone, tablet or laptop (whichever you’re using) is connected to the EX6100 wireless network.
- After that, you need to open your web browser and go to mywifiext.net.
- You will be asked to enter your username and password, which by default is ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively. Therefore, when you’re prompted to add those details, you need to add the ones that I’ve mentioned.
- Now, you need to click ‘setup’ followed by ‘Wireless setup’.
- Delete the existing SSID followed by typing the preferred new SSID.
Note: You have the option of setting the SSID same as that of your main network.
- You need to select the desired security type under ‘Security Options’.
- Enter a new password.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Note: The connection between the laptop and old network will disconnect now, and so, you will have to use a wireless client utility to reconnect to the new wireless network profile.
This is how you can change the current wireless settings of Netgear EX6100 Wi-Fi range extender easily. In case of any problem, you need to contact Netgear Wi-Fi extender experts.