On this page, we will discuss the instructions on how to update or fix the Netgear range extender if it kept on losing the connection. This type of issue normally occurs if there is some problem with the Netgear hardware or if the firmware version of the extender is too old. You can try some steps to fix this issue at the earliest.
Steps to fix the problem:
- First of all, make sure that the Netgear range extender is connected to the power adapter and to the live power socket which is in working condition.
- Check whether the range extender is within the Wi-Fi range or the wireless router. The client device must be connected to the right Range extender on the right network.
- Open Extender user interface from mywifiext.net page. This is the default URL address for Netgear Range Extender Setup.
- If you are told to enter the username and password, then enter the email and password you have set during the setup of the extender account. By default, the username and the passwords are ‘Admin’ and the ‘Password’. If you have changed previously, then enter the new one. This can be retrieved from the registered mail.
- Check the firmware version of the Netgear range extender. If it is the latest, then there is no need to upgrade. If you find the latest version is available, then download it.
- Usually, you will get an alert on the extender screen for any new update. Click on ‘Alert’ directly to start downloading the update.
- Otherwise, go to the ‘Device’ update page. Click on ‘Check’. It will take 5 minutes to check for an update. Click Proceed to start to update your device.
- If you are using the latest model of Range extender, then click to check online. You will find everything on the screen. The figure on the screen will display ‘What to do next. Simply follow the instructions as it is.
- Once the update gets completed. Reset your extender by inserting a paper clip into the reset button and pressing it for 30 seconds. Wait till the extender gets booted properly. Now, restart your extender and wait till the power light gets solid green.
- Connect the device to the extender wirelessly or with wire. To connect the device through the wire, you need to place it nearer to the extender. If you have a long Ethernet cable, then you can place it anywhere in your house.
- Reconfigure the extender again. For installation and reconfiguration of the Netgear extender, you need to follow the same steps you performed earlier when you unpacked your device. The steps are also available online, you can take help from the online link. Netgear Range Extender Setup| Netgear Wifi Extender Setup