For last few weeks, some Netgear extender users were demanding the steps to configure the range extender on the router with hidden SSID. Keeping their comments on priority, we are now going to discuss the steps for the same. You will be surprised to know that you can connect your extender to the router even without knowing the SSID. You might be wondering how. How is it possible? Let’s start with the steps.
Steps for connecting the range extender to the router by manually entering the SSID:
- Plug the range extender to the nearby power socket. Turn on the extender and wait till the extender gets properly booted. It will take 2-3 minutes. So, you need to sit back and relax for this time period.
- Connect the client device to the SSID of your range extender. You will find a name on the screen that is set for your range extender. Click to connect to it.
- The Auto-setup page of your extender will now get opened on the browser screen. If it doesn’t get opened, then no need to worry.
- Open a web browser and enter URL of your extender by seeing from the back side of it. You can enter the IP address even.
Note: To enter address or IP, you can use the keyboard connected to the system or use the virtual keyboard. Press ‘Enter’ after entering the URL.
- Create an account on the webpage. This account is used to manage the extender online.
- Go to the next
- From Netgear Genie page, go to ‘Setup Wizard’ and select the model number of your range extender. If the model number is not available in the list, then go to ‘Device not available in the list’ option.
- Tap ‘next’.
- A setup wizard will now check for available networks.
- Enter the SSID of your router manually. To check the SSID, open wireless settings from any device which is already connected to the router.
- Enter the SSID in the relative box.
- Tap to select the same security type and password.
- The request for the network connection will now get initiated and you will find the process goes on.
- After the successful connection of range extender with the router, you need to enter the SSID and password for the range If you want to keep the same name and password for range extender as that of the router, then click on ‘Keep the same name and password’ option.
- Click ‘Ok’ to finalize the process.
Start connecting the nearby Wi-Fi devices to the range extender that is recently configured.