Are you searching for a solution to extend the range of your existing network? If yes, then it is possible with the Netgear range extender device. The extender will get configured on the network in 2 two different ways. You can configure the Nighthawk range extender via installation Assistant. Now, the steps to configure the device with the help of Netgear installation Assistant are:
- Connecting via WPS: WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected system. This method lets you connect the extender directly to the network without using the username and the password. The complete setup guide for the Nighthawk extender is available on the Installation Assistant page.
- Connecting with the Netgear installation assistant: For this method, you require a web browser with a personal computer or smartphone.
Now, the steps to setup wireless range extender with the Netgear installation Assistant are:
- Turn on your extender by connecting it to the power source.
- Place the extender closer to the router.
- Plug the extender into the socket nearby it.
- Wait till the power light turns green. If there is no power supply in the device, then press the power button from the backside.
- Connect the extender to the computer or phone with an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
With Wi-Fi: From your phone settings, go to ‘Connection manager’ and click on the name with suffix Netgear ext. This name will appear in the list of networks.
After connecting the extender to the Wi-Fi-enabled computer, check the LED. It will turn white.
With Ethernet: If you want to connect the computer to the extender using Ethernet, then connect one side to the computer and the other to the extender.
- Open a web browser on your computer and in the URL address space, enter mywifi.net.
- A Netgear installation page will be displayed on the screen.
- Read on-screen instructions to connect the Netgear extender to the wireless network.
- Now, change the position of the extender to the desired location. It must be placed midway between the router and the black spot area.
- It must be noted that the extender should be placed in the area where it can receive a maximum signal from the router. You can select the right area by checking the status LED given on the extender. If the LED is white in color, then it means, it is drawing sufficient signal.
- In case the signal received at the extender is not proper or poor, then you need to change the direction of it. Move the extender from the current position to a new position with respect to the router. Check LED status now.
- Once the connections are properly done, you can start connecting as many numbers of devices as you want to the Netgear range extender. Click here for more details on Netgear Nighthawk Setup